BE NATION MINDED
BE NATION MINDED
1 Timothy 2:1-4 KJV
“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth”.
It is a very terrible thing to be oblivious of what is going on around you as a child of God. It is very abnormal to be ignorant of current affairs in your nation, state and even local government. The reason is because we have been called to pray for leaders at all levels of our existence as God’s people. When we fail to pray for leaders, things will always go wrong and turbulent. It is a mission that God has given to the church amongst many other assignments.
Here are a few things to note concerning being nation minded:
- Prayer for leaders ought to be number one in our prayer list each time we have to pray, because Paul said, “first of all”.
- Prayer is one of the most powerful ways we will influence the activities of people in government. The hearts of the kings are in the hands of the Lord, remember? And He turns them any way He pleases; Proverbs 21:1.
iii. If we must lead a quiet and Peaceable life, then praying for our leaders becomes a very serious priority. It means that society breaks down when we fail to uphold society’s leaders in prayer.
- Your prayers must be on point by you being concerned with what happens in your nation. Don’t just go to church and go home thereafter without seeking to know what your leaders are doing.
Receive grace for national mindedness in Jesus Name.
- Shut down some of your social media sites and subscribe to more news apps today.
- Make it a habit to turn some news articles to prayer points.
- Seek for ways to speak out against or for some news that may come to you from today.
-Lord please make me a responsible kingdom ambassador in things pertaining to my nation in Jesus Name.
If we must lead a quiet and Peaceable life, then praying for our leaders becomes a very serious priority, because society breaks down when we fail to uphold our leaders in prayer.